Now and then...

how happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;----Alexander Pope

Friday, December 19, 2008

Group meeting...going sidetrack

Conversation from my Friday sub-group meeting:

While we are discussing Swedish pronunciation of brand names

Me: So how do you say "Ikea" in Swedish?

Swedish colleague: It's EE-KEH-AH.

My boss: So tell me, how do you use those four-wheel shopping cart in Ikea?

Swedish colleague: uh, you can use either wheels to turn it...

Other colleague: It's actually better to have the four-wheels, you have more degrees of freedom, rotational and translational.

My boss: Yeah, but every time I try to turn the cart, one of the wheels goes the other way. So I have to work against that momentum to get it to turn. I mean, they just won't turn!

Me: Hahah, just go where the cart leads you. :)

No comments: