
Some critics say this book is sexist against women. I don't see this book as sexist against women, rather, it's more like a reflection of behaviors and thinkings committed by men, reflected by women who happened to be with those men. And the book did a great job letting women know that.
"He is a man made up entirely of your excuses. And the minute you stop making excuses for him, he will completely disappear from your life."
"The reason it's so painful when someone disappears is you have to face the fact that the person you loved had probably left you a long time before he grabbed his coat and scrammed. The hard part is realizing that he was lying to you, in some way, before the moment of vanishing."
"Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with."
3 comments:
I thought this book was empowering to women.
I don't remember how it was sexist. Actually it did say a lot about certain behaviors that men and women do. Like it said women just love to wait forever for the guy to come around, and he advised, of course, women not to wait around.
I love it that he gets to the point but he also makes you feel like you should be treated well by the guy you are seeing.
Yeah, the author had a good sense of humor! And I agree that it's empowering to women.
yes, it definitely is empowering to women and i just love this book!! I love his sarcasm and everything he says is just straight to the point! he tells you like it is!
Post a Comment