Now and then...

how happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;----Alexander Pope

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A rummy tiramisu

A weekend ago, I made a tiramisu with the assistance of Lansia. I don't remember exactly where I got the recipe, but it was simple enough.  There was no baking required, just soak the ladyfingers in rum (and we added Kahlua), layer it with coffee-flavored mascarpone cheese, then top it with cocoa powder.



   Looks appealing, until we started eating it. It turned out that my tiramisu was too rummy.  I should have diluted the rum with milk or coffee or something, because the tiramisu tasted more bitter than creamy sweet.  But I enjoyed making it, and watching the mascarpone cheese semi-melt itself into the soaked layer of ladyfingers.

3 comments:

thunderchi said...

your face looks hot. literally.

meteorsky said...

I think my tiramisu looked hot too, except it didn't taste so hot.

kjygyrl said...

hey jenny you should try bake a rum cake. maybe that'll taste better then a non-baked tiramisu.