Now and then...

how happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;----Alexander Pope

Sunday, June 21, 2009

    I never knew how bad I am at Ping Pong until this past Friday, when I played at the community center by Rose Park.  It was quite intimidating walking into the auditorium and see the many pros there trying to "destroy" each other.  While I was waiting for my turn, David pointed out this guy, dressed in sporty outfits, stomping his foot and striking exaggerated postures.  It was funny watching that guy play, because David mentioned that he is not that great of a player, despite the grand postures. We couldn't help but giggle at him screaming and making tons of noise. 

   When I started to play, I realized that I've lost touch with Ping Pong, because I haven't really played for such a long time.  The ball either goes out of line or goes off to the side while flying upward towards the ceiling.  I guess my strikes were unbearable to watch, because this older guy, who seems like an advanced player, volunteered to coach me, and I got much better afterward.  It's funny how people tell me I have good back-hand when I play Ping Pong, because I've been told the same thing when I play tennis.  So that means I need to work more on my front hand to hit the ball straight.

1 comment:

thunderchi said...

WHAT?! no photos??? u should watch this movie, u'd love it

www.imdb.com/title/tt0991167