Now and then...

how happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;----Alexander Pope

Monday, July 6, 2009

     I finally received the Berlitz Advanced French package that I ordered from Amazon in my mailbox.  And when I got home and started listening to the dialogues, my Mom suddenly interrupted by asking about Obama's health care plan, which's still under scrutiny in Congress.  She said how it's ridiculous that so many politicians in congress oppose the idea of government-run health care program, and I had to explain to her about lobbists who influence politicians to vote against such reform measures.  Then she said how she would like to live in a country where there's universal health care, like Europe or Canada.  So funny that she came up with the idea of living in Europe when I was trying to sharpen my French.... 

1 comment:

thunderchi said...

ahhh!!! that would be so lovely, i'd come visit ;)