Now and then...

how happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;----Alexander Pope

Sunday, April 4, 2010


My job hunt has already felt longer than it actually is.....I feel like I'm either looking at the wrong places or I'm just out of luck...or both. In the beginning of my job search, I had turned down two local job offers, that's because I had no idea how hard it is to find jobs in other places in this economy. There're several contacts from Boston, but the corresponding jobs were very low pay, and definitely not a career booster. And with places like Colorado, people seem to have decided that outsider applicants carry more risk, because if someone moves to a new place, he/she might not like the town and just ditch everything to leave. I guess I should have known this mentality before I turn down the previous offers. The best thing to do now is to ask for an old offer back (if it's still there).

On a lighter note, this girl (who shares my birthday) at work invited me to a BBQ sponsored by her church (Seven day adventist). She was so hilarious, she said she is the organizer and wanted to get more ppl, particularly more girls, to come to the BBQ, so she wouldn't be one of the few women there. She pleaded with me to come, with the promise that the people there will be 'normal'. I responded by saying "Carolyn, the only people who are normal are people you don't know.... and I saw that quote on a ceramic cup once" :). Anyways, she even went on facebook to show me the pictures of some of her friends who will be there. She persuaded me by saying "see they seem nice and normal, and doesn't she look like someone you would like to meet? She's very nice, and she's Chinese too...". My reply, "I like her dog!" (her profile pic showed her holding her dog).

I really hope that next time when I blog, it's not gonna be about job search again.

No comments: