Maybe it's in my gene, but I've never been good in small talks, especially socializing amongst strangers. And the one time when I was out in a recent gathering, trying to be outgoing for a change, I ended up mistaking my waitress for a party guest and introduced myself to her. The waitress gave me this puzzled look, like she's never seen any customer as friendly as me (yay! guess i made her day). On that same note, I later mistaken the party guest for a waiter. Such is life. :( I sometimes feel like God is playing a prank on me.
I've been watching old episodes of Ally McBeal (thanks to Netflix). I used to watch that show when I was in High school, and to this day I still find humor and connection in the characters. For better and for worse, I found myself relating to Ally on so many issues that were brought up in the show that it unnerved me a bit. I love her wit, her intellect, her spirit (and even some of her men). I think John Cage described Ally the best when he said "She understands loneliness, she’s afraid, she’s not afraid to be afraid. She’s just… magic.” This leads me to the question of how does David Kelly understand the depth of women psyche so well to have written a show like this? How does he know what being a modern woman feels like? I guess sensitive guys do exist after all.
"We're not only wired to want what we can't have, but we're also wired to want what we really don't want"----Ally

No comments:
Post a Comment