Now and then...

how happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;----Alexander Pope

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Slow discovery of the Mile High

Yes, I've slowly began to discover my new home town for the past year.  And so far I'm not disappointed by what I found here,

1. Denver Museum of Art (DAM): I visited the place twice, and I will never get sick of the art galleries in display. Then again, I'm not very picky with art museums.  Although I wish they offer more hands on classes about art.

2. Denver Museum of Natural History & Science: I checked out the place last week with friends, and was very impressed by the size and interactive activities in the show rooms.  It has 3 spacious floors hosting different exhibitions (i.e., MRI pictures of rich woman's mummy vs. poor woman's mummy. I know).  The Pirate exhibit sponsored by National Geographic was very informative and interesting.

3. Trattoria Stella: Good Italian food, and good pinot grigio.  You get the idea.

4. Denver zoo: It's BIG.  We spent the whole Sunday afternoon roaming thru the zoo.  My favorite was the tigers, esp the baby tigers.  However, I later realized that we missed the bears.

5. Flatiron:  I went hiking there during my brief stay in Westminster at Marlana's place.  It was a very green, scenic trail. I only wish there're more trails like that around Greater Denver.   Hope to return to Flatiron this summer. In fact, I think going to Flatiron/Boulder should be a regular summer activity.

No comments: