And the winner is... 500 days of Summer. One of the reasons I love this movie is because it's the anti-thesis of cheesy Hollywood romantic comedy (i.e: The ugly truth, its trailer looks formulaic). 500 days is not black/white, happy/unhappy ending. The movie feels genuine, and upbeat in the end. I can't help but love the little sketches and drawings in the movie. Because of the cinematography, even the looks of the characters (Deschanel and Gordon-Levitt) turned into something like cartoon characters. Gordon-Levitt's character is a bona fide preppy guy, whom you can tell is from the East coast upon glance. I thought Deschanel's outfits seemed a bit odd in contrast to NYC's background, but it's odd in a good, unique sense. And who knows, maybe Deschanel brought back the retro trend, because she looks so refreshing and radiant in that style. One of my favorite scenes was the little dance by Gordon-Levitt with ppl in the background dancing along. Classic.
Speaking of dancing and ppl dancing in the background, I came across this Jazz-hip hop band on the Colbert Report. Just love the rhythm! Like Colbert was saying, they might be the next biggest thing from Sweden since IKEA.
6 comments:
I really like the sketches too! And the soundtrack!
But hate to tell you, this movie didn't take place on the east coast. Those were LA landmarks. I only know this because I have families I visit in Los Angeles.
Oh that dance made me smile. Such a good movie!!
Yeah, the ppl there all looked so East coast, esp the guy (he always look so preppy).
sorry, i miss it! based on the trailer, it looks really good! all of you guys liked it! even holly said that jason liked it!=)
You'll have to go see it! It's cute!
"They call me anal girl." hehe
haha love the music!!!
u can't just comment on my blog and not update yours!
Post a Comment