Watching the women's gymnastic competition was intense. Having grown up in China and watched the Chinese gymnastic team as a kid, I naturally 'favor' the Chinese team. But having lived in the states for 10+ years, and watching U.S and China competing this summer, I've came to appreciate the talents of Johnson and Liukins too. It was very conflicting indeed, I think I ended up cheering for both teams (weird, I know). And I later found out the bronze medalist Yang Yilin is from the Guangdong province, where I grew up. So there, one more reason for cheering for her. :) Anyways, I really think that both teams were great. I mean, they were literally taking turns: first China won gold at the team competition, then U.S won at individual all-around, then back to China for the uneven bars (thanks to whatever tie-breaking equation they used), and then back to the U.S for the balance beam (Johnson's single leg full-turn is amazing!).
For those who is confused as to which team I favor, I cheered exclusively for team U.S.A in the men's swimming competition (because of Michael Phelps). So it seems like my Olympic cheering depends on the category. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment